Fred Gannon Rocky Bayou State Park (Rocky Bayou) is located in Niceville, FL. One of the key features of the state park is the Aquatic Preserve as part of Rocky Bayou. The state park is about 30 minutes east of Ft. Walton Beach, Fl.
The park is convenient to many area locations and activities. Plenty of shopping and restaurant choices are available within 5 to 15 minutes from the park.
Status: Stayed – October 2014
This park is a wonderful destination that provides a good range of activities. The facilities are modern. The RV sites provide good privacy and most are partially shaded. Over half of the RV sites support up to 40′ RV. One of the times we were at the park we watched for about 15 minutes a small pod of Dolphins playing in the Rocky Bayou adjacent to the park. This is also a great day use park.
Niceville, FL, FL 32578
Phone Number: +1 (850) 833-9144
Website: Fred Gannon Rocky Bayou State Park
The campground includes backend sites with many of the sites being partly shaded.
The campground includes 42 sites. The maximum RV length support is 50 ft.
Cost: $16 per day, $112 per week
- 20′ or less – 38 sites
- 25′ or less – 36 sites
- 30′ or less – 36 sites
- 35′ or less – 24 sites
- 40′ or less – 24 sites
- 50′ or less – 14 sites
Reservations can be made up to 11 months in advance through Reserve America.
Each site is equipped with the following:
- 30/50 amp Electric
- a Picnic Table
- Fire ring/ground grill
- Some have water views
A full-service bathhouse with heating and air conditioning showering facilities(including hot-water enclosed showers).
Four of these sites are ADA accessible and conveniently located next to the heated and air-conditioned shower facility.
Emergency Telephone: Yes
Dump station: Yes
Pets: Allowed in Campground
The park includes or supports the following activities.
- Bicycling – Approximately 3 miles long paved road.
- Boating and Boat Ramp – access to Rocky Bayou, Choctawhatchee Bay, and the Gulf of Mexico. $5 boat ramp fee.
- Canoeing and Kayaking – Rentals available for kayak and canoe.
- Fishing – A fishing license may be required. Saltwater fish may be caught in Rocky Bayou while freshwater fishing is available where Rocky Creek flows into the bay
- Geo-Seeking / Geocaching
- Hiking Nature Trail
- Pets – Permitted in designated day-use areas and the camping area. Pets are not permitted on beaches or playgrounds, or in bathing areas, or any park buildings.
- Picknicking – Two picnic pavilions are available for use and have barbecue grills.
- Playground – conveniently located in the day use area near the picnic pavilion overlooking the Rocky Bayou
- Restroom Facilities
- Showers Day Visitors – Outdoor open showers located in various picnic areas
- Wildlife viewing – Wildlife viewing is possible at this park.