Big Lagoon State Park is located on the Intracostal Waterway between Pensacola and Perdido Key.
The park is convenient to many area locations and activities. Plenty of shopping and restaurant choices are available within 5 to 15 minutes from the park.
Status: Scouted (Future Destination)
12301 Gulf Beach Highway
Pensacola, FL 32507
Phone Number: +1 (850) 492-1595
Website: Big Lagoon State Park
The campground includes backend sites with many of the sites being partly shaded.
The campground includes 75 sites. The maximum RV length support is 40 ft.
Cost: $20 per day, $140 per week
- 20′ or less – 67 sites
- 25′ or less – 56 sites
- 30′ or less – 49 sites
- 35′ or less – 20 sites
- 40′ or less – 4 sites
Reservations can be made up to 11 months in advance through Reserve America.
Each site is equipped with the following:
- 30/50 amp Electric
- a Picnic Table
- Fire ring/ground grill
There are three full-service Bathhouses (including hot-water enclosed showers) and a dump station.
Pets: Allowed in Campground
The park includes or supports the following activities.
- Beaches – Small beach area on the Intracostal waterway. Lifeguards are not provided.
- Bicycling – 2.5 miles long paved park drive.
- Birding – multiple opportunities to bird watch
- Canoeing and Kayaking – Hand launch is available. Rentals available from ranger station for Kayak, canoe, and stand-up paddleboards.
- Fishing – A fishing license may be required.
- Geo-Seeking / Geocaching
- Hiking Nature Trail – 5 miles of hiking and nature trails.
- Pets – Designated areas. Prohibited on beaches and/or waterways.
- Picknicking – Shelters, grills, and picnic tables
- Playground – West beach area
- Restroom Facilities
- Showers Day Visitors – Outdoor open showers located in various picnic areas
- Star Gazing – programs offered throughout the year. Visit website or contact Ranger Station.
- Swimming – in designated areas along the Intracostal Waterway. No lifeguards on duty.
- Water Fountain Potable Water – Potable water is available at several locations throughout picnic areas.
- Wildlife viewing – Observation tower located in the park looking out Intracostal Waterway.